Bali is getting ready – gradually
Yes, Bali is opening its doors, however, some conditions still apply. Here is the latest update:
14 October 2021
International tourists may fly directly to Bali and Kepulauan Riau International Airport, according to Indonesia Covid-19 Task Force Circular Letter Number 20 Year 2021.
Bali International Airport (DPS) is opens for international flights for nationals coming only from selected countries by 14 October 2021.
Mandatory quarantine is reduced to five days (4 nights) down from 7 nights, and can be done in Bali, in selected hotels.
International travelers need to provide proof of travel insurance with Covid medical coverage, minimum of USD 100,000 and proof of payment for mandatory quarantine accommodation package.
Bali opens its airport for international flights
Up to this date, all international flights had to land in Jakarta, and the mandatory quarantine (7 nights) was followed in one of the quarantine approved hotels in Jakarta, before travelers could proceed their journey onwards.
The government announced that Bali’s International Airport, Ngurah Rai /DPS) will welcome flights for NATIONALS from a limited number of countries, who they believe, have handled the Covid-19 situation successfully.
By now, the airport authorities in Bali have verified the announcement. So Bali airport is open – however not for everyone!
Which airlines will fly to Bali?
Although announcements for Bali’s Airport re-opening for international flights have been broadcasted across media worldwide over the past few days, airlines need to get ready and allow travelers to book Bali as a destination. Qatar, Emirates and Singapore Airlines show some direct flights to Bali starting from November 2021, but not yet in October. Potentially Turkish Airlines will be adding direct flights to the island. But the travel industry needs to adjust, and like the past has shown, changes can happen any day. So unless, the airlines will be convinced, that the new regulations are at least semi-permanent, they might not yet fly to Bali directly.
Travelers with what nationalities can travel directly to Bali?
The number of countries that have been listed keeps growing and changing. According to the latest update it will be nationals from
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
However bear in mind, that does not mean, that the airlines will choose to service Bali as a destination right away. And for now, travelers still need a VISIT VISA 211A. Click here for Online application for e-visa.
Mandatory Quarantine Changed and Updated Travel Requirements
There are new regulations related to quarantine and travel requirements that the Indonesia Covid-19 task force has updated on 14 October 2021.
This is what you have to expect, if you want to visit Bali soon:
- The mandatory quarantine time is now reduced from 8 days to 5 days (4 nights).
- If you hold a passport from one of the above mentioned countries and can book a flight directly to Bali, you can do the quarantine also in Bali in some selected hotels – otherwise you still have to fly to Jakarta and do the quarantine there.
- In following regions selected and government approved hotels will be offering the quarantine packages: Nusa Dua, Sanur, Ubud and Kuta.
- If you still have to fly to Jakarta, you MUST do the quarantine also there. You can not transit to Bali without completing the quarantine!
- The Bali Government has yet to release the FINAL list of designated hotels which will offer the repatriation / quarantine package. We will publish the verified list shortly
- The package will include 2 PCR tests (paid at the hotel but might be charged separately – expect IDR 1,000,000 for both), airport transfer to hotel, 3 meals a day, some laundry items.
- Upon arrival, visitors will get the first PCR at the airport and must be able to show a travel insurance with Covid medical coverage minimum USD 100,000. You need a PCR test taken 72 hours before departure of the flight, and proof of booking and payment for mandatory quarantine accommodation (provided by the hotel)
- Valid Visit Visa or KITAS/ KITAP or Diplomatic Stay Permit
- Full vaccination card (in English)
- Registration in PeduliLindungi app prior to departure to Indonesia and eHAC form filled in
We will keep you updated with the lates news.