2 November 2021
Indonesia Minister of Home Affairs, Tito Karnavian, has extended the enforcement of Covid Restriction PPKM Level-2 for another two weeks from 2 – 15 November 2021.
Several regulations were relaxed this time. Domestic travellers with full vaccination can now enter or exit Java-Bali islands with only the Antigen Covid test. Children under 12 years old are allowed to enter tourist attractions and cinemas.
Though Indonesia seems to have Covid situation under control for the last couple of weeks, the authority has decided to keep PPKM regulation in place to avoid unexpected cases spike due to high-mobility traffic across the country, especially in Bali and Java island.
Detailed regulations about this latest PPKM Level 2, valid between 2 – 15 November 2021, are explained in Instruction of the Minister of Home Affairs (Inmendagri) Number 57 of 2021.
Updated Regulations for the implementation of PPKM Level-2 in Bali
- Students of schools in Bali can go back to school with strict health protocols and a specific number of maximum students per education level.
- Supermarkets, grocery stores and traditional markets cater to daily necessities are allowed to open their businesses until 21.00 Bali time with a maximum 75% visitor capacity. It is also mandatory to log in via PeduliLindungi app before entering the market.
- Street vendors, voucher outlets, barbershops, laundry, hawkers, car washes are allowed to open with strict health protocols until 21.00 Bali time.
- Restaurants and cafes are permitted to dine-in with strict health protocols until 21.00 Bali time, a maximum capacity of 50%, and a maximum meal time of 60 minutes. Login via PeduliLindungi app is compulsory.
- Shopping centres and malls are opened with a maximum capacity of 50% until 21.00 Bali time. Children under 12 years old are allowed the venue only if their parents accompany them. Children’s playgrounds and entertainment venues in shopping centres and malls are opened with the condition that parents must record their address and telephone number for tracing purposes; all entries must be recorded through the PeduliLindungi application for all visitors and employees.
- Cinemas can operate with a maximum capacity of 70%, and only visitors with the Green and Yellow categories in PeduliLindungi app may enter. Children under 12 years old are allowed to enter the theatre only if their parents accompany them.
- Places of worship (mosques, prayer rooms, churches, temples, monasteries, pagodas, and other sites that function as places of worship) can hold religious activities during the implementation period of PPKM Level 2 with a maximum of 75% capacity.
- Public facilities (parks and tourist attractions) are allowed to open with a maximum capacity of 25% with strict health protocols; login through PeduliLindungi application is mandatory to screen all visitors and employees. Adults must accompany children under 12 years old.
Arts, culture, sports and social events are allowed with a maximum capacity of 50%.
- Fitness centres, gyms and sport venues are allowed to open with a maximum capacity of 50%
- Public transportation, taxis (conventional and online) and car rentals can operate with a maximum capacity setting of 100% with strict health protocols.
- Long-distance domestic travellers in Java-Bali using private cars, motorcycles, airplanes, buses, boats, and trains must have a vaccine card. Antigen tests taken 24 hours at the latest (before departure) are compulsory for those fully vaccinated. Meanwhile, PCR tests taken 72 hours at the latest (before departure) are mandatory for travellers who had only received their first vaccination.
Everyone must wear a mask when going outside their house and be reminded to keep a distance from others. Many places have also provided sinks for you to wash your hand regularly and easily.