Best Selection of Quarantine Hotels in Jakarta
The government has approved a selection of Quarantine Hotels in Jakarta. These hotels offer so called repatriation or quarantine packages and follow strict protocols during their guests’ stay. They take care of your transport from the airport, PCR test, results, meals, laundry, clearance letter upon check out. When you book with one of these hotels, you will get your confirmation letter with a QR code, that you would need upon arrival at the airport in Jakarta.
Le Méridien Jakarta
All Quarantine Hotels in Jakarta
Below you find the complete list (as PDF) of participating hotels in Jakarta approved by the government. On the hotel’s website, often you do not find information about the quarantine package. You will therefore have to get in touch with them directly.
The mandatory quarantine has been increased to 10x24 hours and you need to be fully vaccinated - effective 3rd December.
How is the quarantine handled?
- After your arrival at the airport, you will go through the immigration area where you need to show your e-Visa or KITAS/KITAP.
- The you will be guided through the airport and need to stop at different counters, where you will have to show your valid negative PCR test and your proof that you are fully vaccinated (in English).
- You also have to provide the booking confirmation for the quarantine hotel which will be provided by the hotel (email with QR code)
- Also, make sure you downloaded the PeduliLindungi App and registered there. Fill in the e-Hac international form. The original e-Hac app, that was used previously should not be used anymore.
- Before you exit the airport you will get a PCR test done (paid by the hotel). Unfortunately you will have to wait fo the PCR test, which could take 1-2 hours.
- Once you exit the airport, you will be guided to our transport and a driver will take you to the hotel. You cannot leave the airport otherwise nor stop anywhere on the way.
- When you reach the hotel you will be guided to the check-in. During your quarantine, some hotels may handle the stay slightly different than others. But expect these strict protocols:
- You must stay in your room for the entire quarantine period
- Your second PCR test is the day (or night) before the check-out. The reception will print out the result for you the following morning together with a clearance document. If all goes well and tests are negative, you are free to leave.
- You are not allowed to receive any guest visit or have other people entering your room (not even housekeeping staff).
- You can usually only consume the food and beverages provided by the hotel. Sometimes it might be allowed to order food from outside, if you are lucky.
- The quarantine package includes three meals a day which commonly comes with a selection of vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diet.
- You are not allowed to use the hotel facilities such as the gym, swimming pool, club and spa
- As Indonesia is a predominantly Muslim country, staying in one room with an un-legally married couple could be denied. That's usually not a problem in Jakarta, however, please contact the hotel of your choice directly to clarify this if you are traveling as a non-married couple.